Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,324   Online: 775

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Gallery Consignments

I have a question for those here that do gallery sales. Do you have the gallery sign a consignment whenever you leave an image for sale with them or do you just go by word of mouth? I assume a lot of gallery owners expect to sign some type of consignment form. Your thoughts please,

Thanks,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    You should have a list of the images you are leaving with them, the agreed price structure and the commision. This is a bussiness transaction and you should approach it as one.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I second Jorge's comments. It doesn't have to be a big formal paper. Just a list showing titles, descriptions, and prices. I would also put on that sheet the price breaks, what percentage to the gallery and to the artists and any other costs.

Some galleries will have their own papers, some don't. You should always be ready with yours.

A few minutes of work will head off a lot of headaches later.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was pretty well convinced of it myself, but I wanted to find out what the others were finding.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I like to have the gallery owner sign one and I sign the other and we trade I get their autograph and they get mine

lee\c

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin