Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,971   Online: 1004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like etsy, but they have nowhere near the market of ebait, which has a virtual monopoly going, along w/ another monopoly in their payment services. jnanian has the right idea. At least that's how it works w/ other works of art like painting and prints. One hopefully gets a few collectors,fans,followers, what ever you want to call them, from gallery shows, and these people tend to buy the works on a regular basis. Then one attempts to show in other galleries, where there's a few people that do the same thing, etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You might try coffee shops and art shops too. I have had good luck with both and now am in a furniture store. But because I had the gallery I might have it easier being known. Don

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At the moment I don't have money to print to hang it. I have to print on demand. Specially because where I live they don't have much option of pre made frame quality and sizes for my photographs. They only have sizes that matches 35mm frame proportion which is 8x12in. When I ask for 8x10in or 11x14 they think it is not a regular size. So I have to ask a frame maker to do it for me and it is not cheap at all. Weird but true.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    At the moment I don't have money to print to hang it. I have to print on demand. Specially because where I live they don't have much option of pre made frame quality and sizes for my photographs. They only have sizes that matches 35mm frame proportion which is 8x12in. When I ask for 8x10in or 11x14 they think it is not a regular size. So I have to ask a frame maker to do it for me and it is not cheap at all. Weird but true.
    A very valid concern about cost. It's very expensive to print and hang a show somewhere. I too don't really have the finances to do it.

If you want to hang prints inexpensively, though, it isn't terribly difficult to cut your own print mounts and window mats. It's even relatively inexpensive to order the window mats pre-cut with a nice bevel edge, if you buy in quantity (all of them will have the same size opening). For showing locally, it's often fine to show the print in only a window mat, without a frame. Just get some clear plastic sleeves for them.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    A very valid concern about cost. It's very expensive to print and hang a show somewhere. I too don't really have the finances to do it.

If you want to hang prints inexpensively, though, it isn't terribly difficult to cut your own print mounts and window mats. It's even relatively inexpensive to order the window mats pre-cut with a nice bevel edge, if you buy in quantity (all of them will have the same size opening). For showing locally, it's often fine to show the print in only a window mat, without a frame. Just get some clear plastic sleeves for them.
    Thank you very much... I will look for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin