Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,812   Online: 862

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check this out, may be what you want.http://www.wgpress.com/embossers1.html
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i have an embosser that i got made custom at a shop that makes rubber stamps, like a stationary store. brought him the design, and he did it for maybe $30us. the only think was they folks that worked in the shop smoked about 4 packs a day. so i was almost as gray as they were by the time i left the shop

oh, the embosser works well with paper, but i can't imagine doing it with 4ply mat board. if you find one, make sure it has a long handle to give you the leverage you will need to "make your mark"

good luck!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    . . . It makes me feel so much more comfortable to hear they were yours Ralph. You must have big thoughts for me to hear them all the way over here!
    Always glad to be of service, Graeme. There's so much empty space in my head, the thuds end up being very low frequency, so they travel like a mix between elephant talk and whale song.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might check out a leather working shop - all kinds of embossers there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was an art student majoring in intaglio and lithography, I worked a summer as assistant printer for the contract print shop, which did hand lithographs for various artists. The master printer always put his "chop" mark on his prints. This was on an arches or reeves printing paper, similar to watercolor paper. It was a pretty heavy duty embosser and they probably had it made by a source as similar to what you've been given in previous posts. If you can't find what you want, search for a fine art lithography print shop or printer and see what they have and where they got it. You'll most likely need something with serious pressure.

Let us know what you end up with. Best.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Some great leads to follow so far. The leather punch idea has come closest to giving me what I'm after, since I only want to indent the front surface of the matte board, not necessarily the rear side of it.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Graeme, My wife, as part of her Craft Equipment, has a 'FISKARS' Shape Boss, The Ultimate Embossing System, which she uses for making patterns on 'Hand-Made Cards '
    It says on the box :- Add dimention to cardstock, metal foils and vellum. Embellish scrapbook pages, cards, frames and more THATS where your request comes in !!
    Professional results in minutes.
    I has a base with registration pegs and there are two stensils, the base and the top one , the material, ( Card, Photo, Or matboard is inserted upside down between the 2 stensils and then using a ball hear type stylus pen one just traces around the top stencil stretching the card / photo/ foil to make a raised impression. I can send you more details or a sample embossing if you wish. Fiskars sell many sets of stencil sets ( mainly patterns ) inc Alpha / numerals.
    Cheers Barrie B. Melbourne
    www.fiskars.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday - they had a display of embossing seals that you purchase in the store, and then send away to have the plates custom made for your application. I don't recall the price - something less than US$20, I believe

I have several of these (one that says "from the library of" that is supposed to keep books from wandering away, and several that I use as a licensed professional to certify engineering documents). My concern would be whether they are strong enough to withstand use on matt board. My "from the library of" seal came from Barnes and Noble and the dies appear to be metal. But the male half of the dies on the engineering seals (supplied by stationery shops) are some kind of plastic material that I would be afraid would not last long if used on heavy stock like matt board.

Shooter
    Medium Format

What do you think of this??

Check this place out....

http://www.aplusstamps.com/seals.php
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron
    Check this place out....

http://www.aplusstamps.com/seals.php
    Oooh, I like that one Paul. Thanks, I'll contact them and see what they can do for me.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin