Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,987   Posts: 1,524,043   Online: 973

Thread: Après foto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Après foto

I got my Après catalog. Very similar to Light Impressions. Has anyone ordered supplies from them?
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My catalog showed up the other day as well. Looks very nice.

One tip for all the photographers out there is to call your local frame supply wholesaler and set up an account with your "photography studio." They are more than happy to work with you and you'll be paying wholesale prices for all of your mount boards, matts, tapes, etc. Saves a ton of money.

Hope that helps!
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooh great idea! Thanks Parker.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I got my Après catalog. Very similar to Light Impressions. Has anyone ordered supplies from them?
    That is a good idea. Pick the person in your club that is the most knowledgeable about framing to represent you with the custom framer and make sure you talk to the owner of the frame shop. If you can combine your orders together and get the same type of frame and mat that will help also. Two things that hurt custom framer margins are:
    1. Scrap. If you buy a mat with outside size of 16x20 they have to purchase 32x40 and 75% of the mat is scrap. They have to charge enough that they make money on the sheet.
    2. Time. Working with a customer can take 45 minutes to over an hour. People do not like to be charged for customer service so many companies (expect layers and consultants) build the customer service labor cost into the product cost.

If you can group your orders together and spend some time once with the framer to figure out what works for your group and then keep ordering the same thing over and over again then you be able to save them some labor that allows them to give you a lower price.

Cheers,
    Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin