Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,859   Online: 996

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Deep cleaning the darkroom

I have just spent the last few days deep cleaning the darkroom. Thorough vacuuming, wiping walls, windows, surfaces, behind enlargers, timers, repainted inside of door, etc.

Just thought I would post this to make those who haven’t done this for some time feel guilty.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I set up my darkroom equipment in the bathroom, I clean it before I use it so I don't have to smell it.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Never clean your dark room. If you let the dust get thick enough, it won't blow around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ah! the Quentin Crisp approach ... excellent

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    ah! the Quentin Crisp approach ... excellent
    good one!

Shooter
    35mm
    Clive, your efforts will be repaid a thousand fold in terms of print quality in a dust free atmosphere and an inviting room to spend several hours in.

Well done

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Clive, your efforts will be repaid a thousand fold in terms of print quality in a dust free atmosphere and an inviting room to spend several hours in.

Well done

pentaxuser
    Thanks, let's take pride in our darkroom as a clean and good place to work in.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    As my darkroom shares space in the garage with my motorcycle, when I want to do work it is a matter of removing the odd cylinder head, tools, oilcan, dirty cups, oily rags, engineers vice and electric grindstone, before I can even see the workbench. I jest of course but it doesn't make for an easily operated workspace. Thank goodness for both of the Nova deep tanks, they take up less space than one 12x16 dish. The enlarger sits on the top of the small freezer which gives it a stable base. However one benefit of using the garage, there is VERY little dust.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The darkroom is the cleanest bathroom in our house.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Just thought I would post this to make those who haven’t done this for some time feel guilty.
    Well done - I now feel guilty!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin