Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,482   Online: 915

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Robert

very well done, I like October image, lovely image.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for the nice comments all.

The prints are a combination of Pt/Pd, Zia type, Azo, silver, and neg scans.

They are from 8x10 and 12x20 negatives.

Unfortunatly, they are not printed, this was only a prototype. I had it done at Costco on Fuji Crystal Archive. As we have a host of pro labs here, strangely enough, Costco has the best color balance and is 5x cheaper than any of the pro labs.

Each sheet 12x18 cost $2.99. So even with the evil of a d*$%tal step, they started out as film and ended up as C Prints.

I will look at publishing 2 calendars for 2006 or 2007. I would like to use them as marketing materials for self promotion.

Copies are available at cost, but that's $50. A little steep for a calendar.

Thanks again,
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    Thanks for the nice comments all.
    [...]
    Unfortunatly, they are not printed, this was only a prototype. I had it done at Costco on Fuji Crystal Archive. As we have a host of pro labs here, strangely enough, Costco has the best color balance and is 5x cheaper than any of the pro labs.
    [...]
    Copies are available at cost, but that's $50. A little steep for a calendar.

Thanks again,

yeah -- I too thought it was a very well-done calendar. I've had thoughts of photo gravure dancing around in my head for the past few weeks. Certainly, if I could eat the cost of producing twelve plates (+ the initial workshop to learn start learning to do so), the subsequent per unit cost of each calendar would seem to make gravure an attractive way to do a calendar.

I don't think I've ever seen a gravure in the real world, though. I'm dying to see one up close. Any of the folks in the upper half of Texas able to point me to where I can find some so I can compare them to the better quality silver gelatin and Pt/Pn prints I've seen?

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    yeah -- I too thought it was a very well-done calendar. I've had thoughts of photo gravure dancing around in my head for the past few weeks. Certainly, if I could eat the cost of producing twelve plates (+ the initial workshop to learn start learning to do so), the subsequent per unit cost of each calendar would seem to make gravure an attractive way to do a calendar.

I don't think I've ever seen a gravure in the real world, though. I'm dying to see one up close. Any of the folks in the upper half of Texas able to point me to where I can find some so I can compare them to the better quality silver gelatin and Pt/Pn prints I've seen?

-KwM-
    Kevin,

They had a couple hanging at the Amon Carter Museum the last time I was there. If they aren't still up you can try calling to speak to the photography head and see if you can look at some from the archives. Also try calling Photographs Do Not Bend to see if he has any he can share with you.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, JM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin