Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,049   Online: 1281

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries

Grant Writing for Photographers 101, Part 1: Searching for Grants

ONWARD Compé have posted the first part of an article on their blog entitled "Grant Writing for Photographers 101". The article details how to search for grants to apply to for photography. It's a great article and I suggest you check it out if you have any interest in acquiring grants.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a quick glance and will save and read. Should be useful.

Here in the Uk there's been Arts Council publications covering this area, I have three books late 80's early 90's but need to see what's more up to date. Artist Newsletter publish a lot online.

Having made a few successful Grant applications (some for large exhibitions) I've found it very useful getting hold of copies of successful applications first (through friends & networking) and learning their actual outcomes. This often means showing your own financial input in terms of hours and actual costs including time spent & mileage, materials etc. The raeson is many organisations will only contribute a percentage.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Having made a few successful Grant applications (some for large exhibitions) I've found it very useful getting hold of copies of successful applications first (through friends & networking) and learning their actual outcomes.
    Do you suppose it's also due your last name?
    Last edited by Snapshot; 12-03-2013 at 11:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent thanks.

ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin