Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,803   Online: 1090

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mounting slides (GEPE)

Hello everyone!

I have a small question regarding slide mounts. Just recently I discovered that the reason for white/grey GEPE mounts is that the white one is to be seated towards the light, thus reflecting some part of the light and heat away from the slide.

Well... just a while ago after a pause of a year I mounted a second batch of slides. However, during the projection I noticed that I had mounted them wrong way. While projecting this mistake was corrected easily with flipping the mount. Now, however, I wonder: should I open each one of those slides (about 80) and flip them around in the mount or does this really have any effect on the life expectancy of my slides? I don't project my slides in large spaces with very powerful projectors nor do I even look at them that often -- but would like to have them in good condition in the decades to come.

Worth the effort?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If projecting for a short time I wouldn't worry about it. If they are heating up and popping I would.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin