Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,470   Online: 929

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    what brand/model is that tacking iron?
    Here's a link. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXHZ28&P=8

I think it's used for making model planes?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone. The 500T is a pretty big press so I might be inclined to gang mounting together and then let it cool. I am looking at a Rotatrim but above 24" they start to get pretty expensive so I think for now to both save space and money I will get a Mastercut 24", the biggest print size I plan to deal with for now is 20x24".

I fired up the press yesterday and flattened some prints, it worked great, temp setting matched the temp gauge so all is good. Pretty excited about this new office / finish area / retail space right in town...now it just has to pay off...:-)
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A large 1/4 inch thick sheet of glass is great for placing on mounted prints to cool them flat, just grind down the sharp edges first.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Thanks everyone. The 500T is a pretty big press so I might be inclined to gang mounting together and then let it cool. I am looking at a Rotatrim but above 24" they start to get pretty expensive so I think for now to both save space and money I will get a Mastercut 24", the biggest print size I plan to deal with for now is 20x24".

I fired up the press yesterday and flattened some prints, it worked great, temp setting matched the temp gauge so all is good. Pretty excited about this new office / finish area / retail space right in town...now it just has to pay off...:-)
    Are you opening up a gallery?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Humidity control is good for fibre prints . Helps big time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Are you opening up a gallery?
    Not really a gallery as much as a office for my business that will have some point of sale. The monthly rent is cheap as I am splitting it with a friend. But I do work with local galleries and have a few business ideas in mind that could fit under the umbrella of this one....

Now I am looking at Logan mat cutter prices, any recomendations on which one? lol!
    Last edited by PKM-25; 01-18-2014 at 04:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Mount Press work area tips…

Good luck with that... I can't imagine what rents are like up there. Here's a link to a simple Logan cutter, it's not what a professional framer would use but is perfectly adequate for lower volume Matt cutting as well as allowing you to cut down full sheets of board. You could go smaller if you don't need to cut down full sheets. Of course you could spend a whole lot more and get better quality construction from other manufacturers, but the matts will look the samehttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004V8...AI7Uw0qVAf/9k=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Forgive the long link, I just cut and pasted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Good luck with that... I can't imagine what rents are like up there.
    I am looking at the 32" Logan at B&H for $99, will max out with my 20x24" prints, which will not be very many at first. The space is killer, right on Main St. & got a year lease with my buddy who runs a marketing company, $350 a head per month, I can deal with that....

Still in the layout stages, the Tom Benton original on the back wall matches his business logo..:-)
    Last edited by PKM-25; 01-18-2014 at 08:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good for you, you'd pay quadruple that price for a space on Main Street down here

I use that cutter myself but I don't mat anything larger than 16x20 with my equipment. If you need borders larger than 4 1/2 inches you either need a different cutter or improvise a solution. That cutter stores in a box a couple inches thick by 30 some inches - easy to store behind a door out of the way.

Gotta love the black canyon! One of my favorite and most successful prints is of the painted wall...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin