Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,225   Online: 1136

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format

THE YOSEMITE & THE RANGE OF LIGHT Apple Multi-Touch iBooks

Intentionally coincident with with my commitment to exhibiting at photoLA this year and on the occasion of showing publicly once again, I have published two multi–touch Apple iBooks. The primary purpose of these exhibition format monographs is as affordable, centralized, easily accessible and updatable resources of all my available gelatin silver prints, per each title's milieu. Of my first publications, THE YOSEMITE, is a subset of the more comprehensive volume, THE RANGE OF LIGHT, which contains all significant (digital representations of) GSPs of mine within the Sierra Nevada. They are available worldwide on the Apple iTunes Bookstore.

The following HD "sizzle reel" for THE RANGE OF LIGHT is included as the book's respective "Intro Media" (The reel for THE YOSEMITE may be viewed here):

Additionally, I have published the following article for my site with the intent of helping others to achieve their own quality photography based Apple iBook. One may find all the whys, wherefores, dos and don'ts of such an undertaking there:

Range of Light Photography –> Techniques –> Making an iBook

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ben, the trailers look very good. And your iBook instructions on your site appear very helpful. But I still prefer collecting books that are physical rather than ephemeral. I realize many are predicting that gallery presentations in the future will be wall screens displaying iBooks or similar; but, to me, that's a dystopian future.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    exceptional work there Mr Dewell!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I can't look at those images, Ben. As usual, you're making me homesick .... Makes me want to start stuffing my backpack. And with the current
    drought, maybe I will be able to get into the hills in May. But I certainly hope you stumble into someone who will help finance a hard copy book
    project, so at least I can own one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin