Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,543   Online: 1013

Thread: Be This Guy

Shooter
    Medium Format

Be This Guy

It's rare I see a photograph that truly exceptional. Google "Be this guy". It's a photograph of a single individual - August Landsmesser - who does not give the Nazi salute during a party rally during the 1930's.

What's truly exceptional is when the photograph is not cropped - This Guy really stands out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've seen it before. But still like it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    I know of another figure who was photographed in a situation vaguely resembling this one. I'll withhold my opinion of him. It doesn't work every time as Howard Sprague was admonished after the fact, by Andy.
    It's only a picture, just like any other one of a group of people, and someone had his eyes closed the instant of the shutter snap. Or he was about to yawn, or had dozed off an instant.
    To imply there is something to be surmised may be reading more to it that there actually was. On the other hand, with only 3 or 4 subjects in the picture, more significance can be inferred. Once again harkening to a picture I have seen in very recent years of another national leader who will remain nameless.
    Like the man said: "it doesn't work every time, Howard".
    Last edited by Tom1956; 04-24-2014 at 11:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Tom gets the "vague indecipherable post of the year" award.

Huh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is some more info about the guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Landmesser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin