Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,954   Online: 955

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Creative print hanging on short notice!

I was just invited to include my pictures in a show scheduled for this coming Saturday! I have the prints ready but no idea how to hang them. I contacted my frame guy and he won't have enough time to frame the prints by Friday, the hanging day. I would appreciate any creative methods that you may have used on short notice, and that looks good as well. I'm now thinking of a backing board and over-matt and then glue-on hardware for the back. I'm just not sure how to keep the overmatt and backing board together (glue, double-sided tape, ??).

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well, if you really want "creative", how about something wacky? I dry my prints by hanging them off coat-hangers, the ones with the clips inbuilt for hanging up skirts. That'd make an interesting exhibition.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go to an arts supply store. Get some linen tape and hinge mount the top of the backing board to the mat board. You should also get some other mounting tape to T-hinge mount the print to the backing board (attach tape to backside of print, then tape the bit of tape sticking out sticky side up with a piece of tape crosswise sticky side down in the shape of a t). Use a removable tape. Ask the art supply place.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    I was just invited to include my pictures in a show scheduled for this coming Saturday! I have the prints ready but no idea how to hang them. I contacted my frame guy and he won't have enough time to frame the prints by Friday, the hanging day. I would appreciate any creative methods that you may have used on short notice, and that looks good as well. I'm now thinking of a backing board and over-matt and then glue-on hardware for the back. I'm just not sure how to keep the overmatt and backing board together (glue, double-sided tape, ??).

Thanks.
    This worked OK for me...

http://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2014/02...ning-part-2/#/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any leaking or failing large format film holders work well for holding prints.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hung a show with paint stirring sticks clipped behind print with the little office supply pinch clips. Two on top and two on bottom with fishing line running through the top two. The sticks kept the photos flat, having one on the bottom kept em heavy enough to notcurl or blow around.

Instant, cheap, quality...ok maybe 2 out of 3.

sent from phone. excuse my typing.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    35mm
    Ikea?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about glass and L-pins?

Or, Michaels (not sure you have them in Montreal though) have clip frames which are masonite, glass and little clips that hold them together. The masonite has hanging hardware pre-fastened on the back.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I did a show once with mounted prints. I built risers out of foam core( brings the prints out away from the wall) did sevrall difrent distances from the wall 1 inch-6 inches so one can overlap prints in a configeration that resembled a wall sculpture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had a show at VCP a few months ago where the artist put 4 nails in the wall (for each print) and held the print to them with rare earth magnets on each corner. No mat or backing at all. Laying out the nails is fussy, but everything else is easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin