Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,088   Posts: 1,635,842   Online: 1172

Shooter
    Medium Format

Setting a price for commercial use of your work

Hey APUG,

This is a first for me, so I thought someone on this site may have a piece of advice. I was recently approached by a company, that in a way, I already work for 9-5, sort of a sister brand. They want to use my images for product packaging, in a major way. This would entail several product lines, each featuring a different photograph per product, being sold through through a few channels, not a national brand, more regional and online.

The point is, how do I price myself? They want to know, what would you like to get paid for this? And we can negotiate from there. I'm not looking to make millions here, especially because it is good exposure for my work, however, I don't want to be underpaid for this usage. I created some of these photos specifically for their consideration, but it was not exactly commissioned, though they would like to use that model more going forward.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good start would be to go on some online stock photo site - and see how much they would need to pay for similar photographs with similar conditions.

deon
    I use fotoquote for my pricing. Plane and simple, easy to use.

http://www.cradocfotosoftware.com/fotoQuote-Pro/

Deon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    is it like a big company that you know will have a good budget? Because then I'd quote high

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin