Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,272   Online: 839

Images

Ideas on how to flatten a print

I don't know if it is the dry atmosphere or the paper itself but I cannot get my POP prints to flatten. No matter how I dry the prints on a screen or hanging with weights the darn things curl. I have had a print under 30 thick sixth grade science books for over a month and it is still just as curley. I don't have a heat press. HELP?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    try your household iron. Medium heat, no steam and use a test print! Once flat and still hot, wack it back under that stack of books (maybe not that many!) to cool... Works for FB paper anyway... (I now have a drymount press to flatten prints)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    try your household iron. Medium heat, no steam and use a test print! Once flat and still hot, wack it back under that stack of books (maybe not that many!) to cool... Works for FB paper anyway... (I now have a drymount press to flatten prints)
    After ironing it, and placing it back in the book, as they say, SIT ON IT. Beans for dinner before taking a seat is optional.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Best tip I've heard is from our Les; squeegee front and back and leave to air-dry face down. Then stick it under a few books for a day or two.

Works for me!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dry mount press. If you just use it for flattening prints like I do, you can get a small one, which doesn't have to be too expensive or space consumptive. I just leave it in the press between two sheets of mat board for a few minutes on medium heat, often with the press closed but not clamped down, then allow to cool between two clean sheets of mat board (cool sheets, not the ones in the press) under some books. This works.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Beans for dinner before taking a seat is optional.
    I want to flatten it not burn a hole in it.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin