Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,737   Posts: 1,515,527   Online: 1091

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wedding Book Ideas. (?)

I shoot the occasional wedding. I have a big one in May. I want to get away from cheesy photo albums and I am looking for a different kind of product that I can offer to this client and future clients.

I think a company called blackberry, or bradberry or something like that offers what I am thinking of but they do their own in a digital format... Looks kind of scrap booky but if I remember, the prints were printed directly on the pages.

Anyway, I want a contemporary black book, with archival quality pages that I can either drymount prints to or use the cute little black corner things to hold prints in... Or a combination of both...

I want a very vintage looking book. Something clean and more artisitic than your average WalMart photobook.... Any ideas??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know what its called, but a friend of mine does weddings all the time and he uses this company where you have templetes and you choose photos to go into it. They print them and you need not to worry about matts and such. They are quite nice.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, Its Queensberry.... Well, thats a particular one. Thats what they do.. You layout your images on their software, email and they print. I am not sure if I am interested in outsourcing the work and having digital prints made. That almost defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do.

May be easier, but, I think I am trying to find a niche market of people that want 30 or 40, archival, handmade prints....

I don't know, I may try both ways and compare....

Thanks though.

After looking at their website some more, I've decided I like the look. Very contemporary, different sized shots on the same page. I want to do that on my own, using "analog" methods.. More time, less money. In the end, it has a personal touch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I haven't surveyed the field in years, I believe it was Art Leather that used to be one of the premier suppliers of wedding books. If you're trying to avoid the typical "wedding album" look, however, and can live with a consistent size for all prints, what about using one of the classier professional portfolio books?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    have you checked out http://www.michelcompany.com they have wedding book supplies. there is also a company called portfoliobox(.com)
    they will custom make a book for you - post binding so you can add/take out pages. you can make pages yourself out of rag paper, w/reinforcements + tip the photos in the pages yourself ... with a handmade book, people always look and say " wow"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    If you're trying to avoid the typical "wedding album" look, however, and can live with a consistent size for all prints, what about using one of the classier professional portfolio books?
    Thought about that, not sure if that gives the feel that most brides are looking for. Its a possibility though.

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    have you checked out http://www.michelcompany.com they have wedding book supplies. there is also a company called portfoliobox(.com)
    they will custom make a book for you - post binding so you can add/take out pages. you can make pages yourself out of rag paper, w/reinforcements + tip the photos in the pages yourself ... with a handmade book, people always look and say " wow"
    I will check them out... Thanks guys..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin