Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,799   Online: 1068

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tape for hinges

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldon
    Thank you all for your ideas. Do you mount to mounting board or foamcore?
    The courses requirements are for a window mat over another mat. The window mat is Light Impressions Westminster 4 ply Bright white. The back is a little cheaper, Light impressions Exeter Conservation Board.

John P.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have always used linen tape, the kind you moisten with distilled water. What you want to do is mount the print to the overmat using as little tape as possible. Make a T shape with the tape and use that to mount the print. You have to be careful to use conservation materials because some people notice if you use a lesser quality mat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    There is no need to fear wet tape; it is supposed to be so dry when used that fiber prints will not buckle. Even my cyanotypes on thin sketch paper didn't buckle!
    Thanks for setting that straight!
    When I saw that it needs water to activate, I though "Not after going through some much time&effort to dry the darn things flat!" At the time it was the only tape they had left in stock.

So you would wet the tape, dab the excess water off, then apply?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just wet the tape with a clean finger and wait for the adhesive to set up. I wouldn't dab it off, you might remove some of the glue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin