Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,628   Online: 1076

Thread: Picture Ledges?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

Picture Ledges?

I'm looking for a source for picture ledges for gallery display of framed work. I've heard of some made from crown molding and some that are made of plastic. I have heard that a workshop instructor (mayby John Sexton) has plastic display ledges. Any info would be appreciated.

Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    I made ledges out of 1 X 1 1/2 X 8' wood for the ledge and 1 1/2" molding nailed/glued to front to create an edge. Use it for displaying matted prints with wall painted grey & ledge stained similiar grey.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Go to http://www.potterybarn.com/ and search for "picture ledges". They have quite an assortment. We have several 2 foot and four foot black ones up with 20x24 frames and matted 11x14 B&W prints. We have been trying them for a month or so to see if we want to get more. We like them. They screw to the 2x4s behind the wall board. They also have expanding holders that open up behind the wall board if you miss the 2x4. I haven't had the courage to try that yet. They are my pictures. I'm not worried about the walls.

John Powers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin