Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,438   Online: 1082

Help with Technal 500 Dry Mount Press

I just purchased a Technal 500 Dry Mount Press from the auction site. It arrived with a useless, shattered red knob. Not the knob that controls the temperature. Rather, this was in the middle of the press and was attached to some sort of bolt. I'm imagining this is used to increase/decrease pressure. I'm still able to turn the bolt but am not certain what I'm doing.
    What does this bolt do and how is it used? Will the press be just as uselful without the red knb? Do I need to be able to turn the bolt at all? The thing seems to heat up nicely and otherwise appears intact.
    Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    -Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=008NM1

It seems to be to adjust the pressure - probably someone with the same press will pop up to confirm, or not... You could try superglue if it is all there.

Bob.

Images
    Paul,
    Yes the knob is to vary height to accommodate varying mounting material thickness. The threads are common. I found a replacement knob, for another piece of equipment, at my local big box home improvement retailer.

Cheers,

Geary
    Last edited by galyons; 05-12-2005 at 09:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Bob, Geary. Thanks for the responses. I have several big box home improvement retailers nearby. I'll give them a try.
    -Paul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin