Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,589   Online: 918

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use plexi OP-3. The problem I initially had was scratching it when initially cleaned it after removing that damn paper.

I was laying the metal frames on a towel when assembling them and some minute iron filing (aluminum filings) would get somehow spread around and when I used a towel to clean off the plexi cleaner, I'd scratch it.

So now I'm anal. I assembly the frames with care not near anything that will come in contact with the plexi. Then I use special plexi cloths (blue face cloth size fine terry cloth looking things) with Brillianize plexi cleaner. I wash all the cloths and towels after each session. I haven't had a scratch since.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Images
    I am about to use plexi for the first time on the next 6 frames that I put together. This thread is very helpful. Anything else that I should know that will help me avoid 1st timer problems?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    After trying plexiglass you'll be able to spot the sickly-green hue of white mat under regular framing glass from across a room. After trying so hard to attain just the right tone to my photographs, why would I want them going back to being green?

Anti-static gloves...and...p...a...t...i...e...n...c...e...... .......

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you do use glass,take a bit of sandpaper to the edge of it and make sure that the sharp edges are smoothed a bit. Saves many a fingers when working with the glass. Just remember to not get radical and sand the surfaces.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin