Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,874   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Medium Format

Paper backing on framed prints

Framing shops frequently place paper on the back of framed prints. I like to use stock frames, like Bainbridge, which leave clips exposed. Do competition judges generally dislike off the shelf frames? Does anyone have a way to "paper"the back of those "off the shelf" frames that come with the clips exposed?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

A response

Listen, old man, you typically don't paper metal frames, I have only seen on wood frames. Stop making excuses and get to work on printing those nuts and twigs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The paper on the back acts as a dust barrier. If the frames you are using are wood you can add paper by applying a thin bead of white glue around the back of the frame and adding the paper of you choice. Frame shops usually use brown craft paper.

Ron Mc
    A picture framer in my past life
    Ron
    Memphis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    don't forget to dampen the paper after you glue it. it will "tighten" it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin