Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,549   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    Thanks Paul. You saved me a beating by the wife. I need one of these and now I might be able to afford it.

Why are the other ones so damned expensive?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Paul,

I've ordered one of those inexpensive irons from the model airplane people. They have indicated that my order has already shipped. I'll let you all know how it works when it arrives.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Paul,

Your a genius!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    Paul,

Your a genius!
    Thanks Robert. I also like to think so, but according to the online IQ test I took, it is not the case. Alas, I will have to be satisfied to be merely, in the words of Garrison Keillor, above average.

Shooter
    Large Format
    For years, I've been using an iron I bought in a fabric store that specializes in items for quilters. It has a low profile, thin head, which I much prefer to the oversize Seal iron, for tacking prints without bending them too much. I believe the cost was in the $12 to $15 range. I believe the Seal is so expensive, just because they think they can do so.
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    I have about 30 rolls, but I don't think you can afford it.

Pricing gouging already???

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The $11.99 one's shoe is not replacable. I wonder if its worth it to spend a few bucks extra for the LXB357 - Coverite Black Baron Sealing Iron? Replacable shoe. I also notice the LXB361 Coverite 21st Century Sealing Iron, has a different coating.
    Money is not the problem. The problem is, I don't have any.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I got my Hanger 9 iron today. It looks nicely built. wooden handle, big teflon coated head. "Specially Designed Nose - A special shape at the top of the shoe allows easier access between control surfaces and other hard to reach areas"

and "Versatile - can be used for all heat-sealing applications" Like mounting photos maybe?

I'll report my results later tonight when I actually use it

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    G'day. I went ahead and ordered the $11.99 one as well. Will follow up with impressions once I receive it.
    Money is not the problem. The problem is, I don't have any.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It worked great. I was nervous at first because when I plugged it in and turned it on, a plume of acrid smoke rose from the dial. That's really bad. The smoke stopped after about 10 minutes. I guess it burned through some excess insulation or something. Anyway, it isn't smoking anymore and heats up nicely. This new iron is a heck of a lot easier to use than what I had before... plus my wife was never happy when I borrowed her iron to mount my prints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin