Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,346   Online: 819

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

freebie pictures or exposure ops?

hello everyone,
    has anyone ever submitted pictures for exposure and not money? well i just did-to mt rainier nat'l park. they were of some slides i had taken there not too long ago, i hope they like them. i saw a lady with a mf camera over by christine falls on the way home-not sure what type it was,maybe a mamiya or a hassey,not sure as i said. its funny how much attention a 4x5 gets amongst other photographers and i felt myself smile and tell them that i had just gotten it and was taking up here to test it out. i was told about how they had a....i believe a .....linhoff and they no longer had it and that they still wish they did. anyway,as i was saying...i just sent some slides to one of the rangers up there to glance over and maybe they'll use them-was told most of the pictures they have are old and are looking for new ones, so i guess i am in luck...don't know. the fact that i shoot mostly 4x5 now might put them off , i am not sure. does anyone have any past experinces in this area, would be glad to hear them and what you did to get your foot in the proverbial door. anyway,gotta go it is after midnight here,look forward to hearing from someone!! later!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SinarF1user
    hello everyone,
    [...] well i just did-to mt rainier nat'l park. [...] its funny how much attention a 4x5 gets amongst other photographers [...]
    I'm not responding particularly to you, but to the subject because I've read the attention-getting thing just too often. Are there little concrete platforms for the tripods? That's next, you know. Then a bench where judges will sit to grade the photographers on poseur points. My gosh, who does photography in order to be seen? It strikes me as cultural shtick.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have no thoughts about giving transparecies to a National Park. There was an article sveral years ago in Photo Techniques magazine about donating work to charitable orginations as being good self promotion. I have not had any sucess with it myself since no one I have ever met would even take one of my photos for free because when I made such an offer they have always told me my prints are too expensive.

I think, if nothing else, you will find satisfaction in having your work put to a good use and which will inspire park visitors.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin