Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,421   Online: 1038

Images

Just won this...Did I screw up?

I just won this seal 110 press. SInce I do not plan on mounting anything above 11x14 it should work right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:EOAB:US:6
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Looks good Mark for 11 x 14 and smaller.......good for flatting paper also

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look out, one of our group of heat press buyers is down.... who's next?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    same one I have since I couldn't afford to ship the larger models to NZ. You should be very happy with it. I think some go larger doing sections at a time, but I mainly use it for 8x10 prints..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good deal. That's a good press at a very good price. I use a much older 11x14" press mainly for flattening prints, and occasionally drymounting. It is possible to mount larger prints in sections, but I'm not sure how it works with the "reversible" mount tissues that seal as they cool, as opposed to tissue that seals as it heats.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like you got a very good press in excellent condition. Time for a mounting iron next! tim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This is the exact same press I posted about yesterday. The platen and pad are slightly over 11X14. I have been using this press recently to mount 11X14 prints on 16X20 mounts with no problems. Just make sure you sandwhich the print and board you are mounting with a board on both the top and bottom. The press works fine for me. I think these go for at least $500 new and you got a good deal.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    WOW! You reallllllly got a good price! ... and you were the only bidder.

Images
    I hate to say it but I had been watching this one since it listed. I think I got a good deal. I saw a couple new ones listed at above 600US. I noticed it was listed in a weird place so I hoped no one else was waiting to snipe.

Now to figure out how to get it past the wife. Maybe they can send it up to work and not home
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin