Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,969   Online: 1062

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Original Print & Reproductions Consideration

For some time I have been considering producing just two original prints, one for sale and the other for use in inkjet / glicee / etc. reproduction. In pricing, I am considering greatly increasing the original's price from what I normally set now, and for reproductions greatly reduce the price. I would like to hear other's comments regarding this thought.
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's a well-established practice. Adams used to sell fine prints, silver gelatin repros, and offset posters for three different budgets. As long as you're up front about the nature of each product and the low-end market doesn't take away from the high-end market, I don't see anything wrong with it.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are considering making only 2 original prints, having them both made at the same time is probably the most economical. A good quality print and a second quality is alright but if only two will ever exist then I would prefer that both be of equal quality.
    Last edited by Claire Senft; 07-15-2005 at 11:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I do something quite similar. It allows the 20 something crowd to afford a non-editioned print instead of forfeiting their rent.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've started a series of posters to complement my Fine Art Stuff. I've attached the first one I did. It was done on an Epson 9000 (to keep the costs down), by West Coast Imaging. Size: 20x24
    Last edited by roteague; 11-26-2006 at 01:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin