Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,950   Online: 809

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Model Release Forms?

in the US, to make a binding contract, there needs to be consideration. Usually a dollar amount, to make a contract binding (giving and receiving). My question is for you pros and lawyers out there, for a model release, to make it binding, do you have to give a nominal sum, or is a print in hand good enough for a binding contract? I am thinking along the lines of Time for Prints.

Thanks,Will

enclosed is my model release for your perusal / use if you like it / correct it if it sucks.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm surprised nobody posted on this, I too am trying to schedule a test shoot, and am in need of releases.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Time in exchange for prints is a contract. A model release is just an agreement to use.

Neither are needed until there is a problem or a disagreement. Then they are very useful!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This wording can be used in the U.S.:
    "For Consideration herein acknowledged as received, and by signing this release I hereby give the Photographer / Filmmaker and Assigns my permission..."

The term is later defined as follows:

" “CONSIDERATION” means $1 or something else of value I have received in exchange for the rights granted by me in this release."

This wording is from a multi-language, multi-country software application called Easy Release that can be filled out and signed electronically on a tablet computer. It is approved by Getty Images, iStockphotos and others.

http://www.applicationgap.com/apps/easyrelease/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin