Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,041   Online: 1031

Shooter
    Large Format

Mounting, presenting & packaging fine prints. How I do it.

Hello my name is Luca Paradisi, I live in Ireland and I make a living selling my work (platinum prints) on eBay and off my web sites.

Since most of my customers buy online I thought that a sort of detailed photographic walkthrough explaining how my prints are mounted, presented and packaged would be useful to them.

I thought that perhaps the same information would be appreciated here as well, especially for fellow photographers selling or willing to sell their work online.

Here's the link http://www.fineartplatinum.com/images/finishing.htm

Cheers,
    Luca

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Nice reference, and close to identical to the process I'm using (though I'm not selling on Ebay. Hmmm.....). Are you signing on the matte then, or the print? Picture looks like you're signing the matte, but the text says "print"

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll jump in because I have one of Luca's beautiful prints, Celosia, in front of me - a gift from a friend. There is a small signature in pencil on the matte just below the bottom right of the window and an edition number just below the bottom left. The print itself is signed on the back.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Bjorke I have made the correction, I sign in fact the mount). I see your Hmmmm... why don't you give it a try.. although the photographs category on eBay is not going well at all right now.

Thanks Helen please enjoy your print.

Images
    Thanks, and beautiful work too.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin