Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,240   Online: 879

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Newbie mounting question

I'm trying to mount a 12x20 inch black and white photograph to 22x28 mount board. To accomplish this task, I have at my disposal an old Technal dry mount press with a 16x20 inch platen. Allegedly, it's possible to dry mount photographs larger than the platen by inserting portions of the photograph/mount board sandwich in the press sequentially. Does anyone have any practical experience with this technique? Can it be done without generating lines, folds, creases, and other artifacts? Or would it be better to bite the bullet and get a larger dry mount press?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and suggestions.

Images
    Good Evening, Jay,

Short answer: it is indeed possible to mount in sections when the material is bigger than the press platen; it is nearly impossible to do so without getting lines, folds, creases, and other artifacts.

Konical

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin