Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,563   Online: 1135

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mounting to paper?

I want to mount prints, Inkjets (sorry) and Ilford RC (maybe FB too) to acid free paper found in scrap book type books.. The paper will be coming from "The Paper Source"

Can I dry mount the same way using a press? Or is that really for mounting to mat board... I've considered the black metal tabs/corners, but I want something a little cleaner looking.......

I'm getting into handmade books....

Thanks..... Jason (Bighead)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    I want to mount prints, Inkjets (sorry) and Ilford RC (maybe FB too) to acid free paper found in scrap book type books.. The paper will be coming from "The Paper Source"

Can I dry mount the same way using a press? Or is that really for mounting to mat board... I've considered the black metal tabs/corners, but I want something a little cleaner looking.......

Thanks..... Jason (Bighead)
    You can't use heat to mount inkjets. Does something funky to the image. Use double sided photo tape. The other stuff can be mounted with heat but I would wonder if the paper would buckle or get wavy as the tissue melted.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    Jason...

I'm getting into handmade books as well... (Ultimately ending up with my own book-as-art pieces...)

If you already have inkjet prints, can you not format the printing to work for the format of books you'd like to make...

I'm thinking of Japanese bookbinding or single sheet sewing in this case...

As for mounting it... You may want to investigate mounting to a bit heavier weight paper. Something that wouldn't deform when the mounting adds mass and changes it's properties at the image edges.

Good luck,

joe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin