Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,587   Online: 850

View Poll Results: Do you sign your prints?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

9 16.36%
  • Yes - on the back of the print.

10 18.18%
  • Yes - in the boder of the print

16 29.09%
  • Yes - on the back of the matte or frame

1 1.82%
  • Yes - on the front of the matte

19 34.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I float mount my prints so I sign on the board that the print is mounted to, not on the window mat. I also apply an archival sticker to the back of the mat with the edition information regarding the print and I sign that as well. I dislike my signature but most collectors and galleries want the work signed on the front so I use a very hard pencil and sign my name quite small.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I sign the border, since the lower right corner of my prints have a strange tendency to be solid black...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I label my prints on the back with name, date and signature (and sometimes name of the photo club and my member # when entering competitions and shows).

Morten

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Initially I did not sign prints because of horrible handwriting but then people interested in my work convinced me that I should. As an artist I believe that the print should be signed. Most of my work is dry mounted so I sign the matte. If it is not dry mounted I sign the print. I also attach a label to the back with image information and contact information. If they like the work they will know how to contact me.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin