Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,591   Posts: 1,545,955   Online: 1263

Shooter
    35mm

Website for comments!

Hi all,

I've created a website, veliborbozovic.com, where I intend to show my work and would very much appreciate any suggestions/ comments from APUG members (via this forum or directly via the contact page on the website).
    With no experience in web design, but with help from a good friend who translated my visual wishlist into hmmmm... something, my only goal is to create a very simple site focused on photographs.
    The site still requires lots of work but I'm not patient enough to wait before I ask you for your opinion.

Best,
    Veba

Shooter
    35mm RF
    On this page, http://veliborbozovic.com/projects.htm, the copyright symbol doesn't display right with some browsers/encodings. Try using &copy like the other pages. The rest I guess you know about since you're still working on it.

In terms of the layout and design, It's simple and doesn't draw attention away from the artwork, which is good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks noexit, it will be fixed. Using only IE, I would never notice this.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I dont know if this is on my computer only, but there is quite a wait when clicking on the next button before the next image shows up.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well... I guess the first thing I would do is creat a static navigation bar... one that has "Home" and the names of each of your major projects listed. You cannot navigate at all on the site without using the 'back' button.

Also, it might work better if you create your photo page so you can see the thumbnails of the prints say on the left, then clicking on a print will cause it to appear larger on the right. That way, the user does not have to keep going back & forth either through the images, or using the back button to get back to the thumbnails.

Hope this helps! Oh!!! One more thing!! From a usability standpoint, if you could change your font to a sans serif font (such as Arial) it will be much easier to read. (A little bit of online usability trivia).
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin