Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,465   Online: 989

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Oh Cripes! Now what do I do??

Well... somehow, in some weakened moment, I signed up to proivide a print to hang in the public building where one of the camera clubs I belong to meets. Great.... now what do I do???

I am hyperventilating! :o I am not sure I have anything worthy of hanging for the public to see... let alone something that would represent the club. Augh!!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have some great stuff in the gallery. The Upper Bonds waterfall is very nice. Don't worry about what others may think, just do your best and have fun printing..

--John

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Relax - I know you have something that is not only "worthy of hanging for the public to see", but will also impress the members of the camera club. At least if they're like the members of my local camera club They won't admit it, but they can't make a proper BW picture with their digicams (not that they could when they used film, either)
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    take a deep breath and hang something. have fun and surrender to the process. too late now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Breath.

There's plenty just in your gallery here. "Sharp" could work, several of the waterfalls, you have enough to make a good selection.

Mike Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah! The most common fear in the art world..."but what if I fall short of their expectations?"

As said by everyone else - RELAX! You're much better than you think you are. The work in your gallery would grace any public space - or private space as well. Your waterfalls are mesmerizing. Hang one with pride.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Go to your local museum, take a deep breath, look around, relax find something you think the group will like them "steal it" or barrow it till the group meeting is over. Course that would take more guts than just selecting one of your own masterpeices but at least you'l have something to hang!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Well... somehow, in some weakened moment, I signed up to proivide a print to hang in the public building where one of the camera clubs I belong to meets. Great.... now what do I do???

I am hyperventilating! :o I am not sure I have anything worthy of hanging for the public to see... let alone something that would represent the club. Augh!!

Hey there young lady !! Slow up a bit and think..... why do you do this photography stuff? 'Cause it makes YOU happy - that's why. If'n they asked ya' to put up one of your photos, it's 'cause they like them. Sooooo...pick the one that YOU like best and hang it. If they don't like it...too bad. Remember who you do this for? ...... Yup - you !!

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Oh Cripes! Now what do I do??
    Let me put it this way:

1. Go to the toilet
    2. Look in the mirror
    3. Say to yourself that you are a great photographer and that your prints are well worth being exhibited
    4. Repeat step 3 until confident
    5. Go to the negatives and pick a few
    6. Make work prints and choose the best 3
    7. Study them for some time (hours or days) and choose the one to exhibit
    8. Print the winning negative!
    9. Be happy and confident about your work. You are worth the confidence, Jeanette!

Greetings from Morten (a true BWGirl believer )

Images
    Jeanette,
    Stop worrying about others want to hear and start thinking about what you want to say. Look at it as the exciting opportunity that it is.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin