Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,206   Online: 702

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Dean,

Ebay is very vigorous on prosucuting people who try to register anything with there name in it, they have done so many times in the past, I can assure you ebaymainstreet is in fact a property owned by ebay, and is a legitimate website.

Dave
    Well I sent the site address off to the ebay fraud address last night (about 10 hours ago) and they haven't replied yet. Normally they reply within 1 hour, so its either legit, or something so horrid they are still tracking it down, or they're wondering how someone in Australia recieved the mail and are in meltdown :-)

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    Well I sent the site address off to the ebay fraud address last night (about 10 hours ago) and they haven't replied yet. Normally they reply within 1 hour, so its either legit, or something so horrid they are still tracking it down, or they're wondering how someone in Australia recieved the mail and are in meltdown :-)

Graham
    Graham,

It was not an email that Kevin got, it is a website that ebay runs for legislative action here in the states, no email involved in this one. Of course you may get an email from them, if you have signed up for their action alerts.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The only thing they are asking for is the EBay ID - which is pretty much publicly available anyway. Nothing to worry about here.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Graham,

It was not an email that Kevin got, it is a website that ebay runs for legislative action here in the states, no email involved in this one.

Dave
    Ahhh I think you've hit on why Graham thought it was bogus. ebay main street is a US site and being down under Graham doesn't have it.

So Graham, relax, put another shrimp on the barbie!
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob, but I'm not stupid :-)

When you enter your Ebay ID at that site you are redirected to the ebay signin page. Ask yourself why they ask you to enter your ID then send you to a signin page which again asks for your ID.

It just feels wrong and that is why I'm asking Ebay to confirm that it is their site.

Graham.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The biggest problem is the Hollywood types DON'T pay their taxes!! so the state is always trying to throw something new at us, they just published a report and 80% of unpaid taxes are either parttime residents or out of state companies, it amounts to almost 5 billion dollars....and they say it is too expensive to try and collect, so who do you think they are trying to get to make up the difference!!!!

Dave
    If you owe $500.00 they will spend 5 billion to get it though.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Bob, but I'm not stupid :-)
    Sorry Graham I thought I had the brilliant solution to it all! (I didn't ever think you were stupid, had a few too many Fosters maybe, but not stupid!
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Sorry Graham I thought I had the brilliant solution to it all! (I didn't ever think you were stupid, had a few too many Fosters maybe, but not stupid!
    -Bob
    It never hurts to be cautious where the Internet is concerned, there are too many people trying to rip you off.

I hope Graham isn't driking Fosters -- Victoria Bitter is the beer !!!!!
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No-one drinks Fosters Lager. What a terrible taste.

VB is a nice drop.

Graham

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No-one drinks Fosters Lager. What a terrible taste.

VB is a nice drop.

Graham
    Yep, Fosters is what the rest of the world gets, so it won't ask for the good stuff.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin