Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,553   Posts: 1,573,138   Online: 747

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    No-one drinks Fosters Lager. What a terrible taste.

VB is a nice drop.

Graham
    Well if the truth be told, beer never did anything for me and except in Germany where beer is, well, beer, I don't drink the stuff.
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Well if the truth be told, beer never did anything for me and except in Germany where beer is, well, beer, I don't drink the stuff.

And your point is?
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi there,

Not being funny but there will be a nationwide sales tax on internet sales within 2 years. Once it is place there will also be local taxes on internet access.

The state legislatures have been working on this since the Supreme Court said there has to be a unified tax code SO sale tax will be collected at point of destination, not point of origin or point of sale. Just think of all the rich towns collecting more and more taxes and the poor towns crying racism and class warfare. Ought to be fun.

All towns that sold-out for warehouse space will lose.
    All towns that sold-out for strip malls will lose.
    All towns that sold-out for housing developments will win.
    All towns that didn't sell-out will just keep on keeping on.

Has anyone ever seen taxes go down?
    When's the revolution, or do we just sit down and collect welfare?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz
    Hi there,

Not being funny but there will be a nationwide sales tax on internet sales within 2 years. Once it is place there will also be local taxes on internet access.

The state legislatures have been working on this since the Supreme Court said there has to be a unified tax code SO sale tax will be collected at point of destination, not point of origin or point of sale. Just think of all the rich towns collecting more and more taxes and the poor towns crying racism and class warfare. Ought to be fun.

All towns that sold-out for warehouse space will lose.
    All towns that sold-out for strip malls will lose.
    All towns that sold-out for housing developments will win.
    All towns that didn't sell-out will just keep on keeping on.

I already pay tax on internet access, it is collected as our local access tax, so not worried about that one,....

I have my doubts we will have taxes on internet sales in two years, is this your speculation, or do you have an inside track to something that we don't know about,, they have been trying to do it for a number of years, but still have not been able to overturn the law in place that prevents the tax yet.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Dave,

No inside track, just observations. The Supreme Court made their ruling approx. 2yr ago, the states do not need the same tax code or amount, just this same style (point of destination, sales or origin). Washington state jumped on this with both feet instantly, so have most other states.

The town of Kent, WA stands to lose over $5 million per year in sale tax collections (they never told anyone they were collecting). Wonder why no one ran for re-election. Federal Way, WA stands to gain this much and more for the same reason.

All the town govt. are gearing up for the change now, so expect the internet sales tax within 2 years.

Just being my neurotic self again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think if the internet becomes taxed it will turn into a virtual warzone and be hacked to death by squads of hackers determined to bring it down. But maybe I've been watching too many hollywood movies

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz
    Why should they. The USA is the most under-taxed nation on earth (just ask our non-US members!)

The disparity between rich and poor, that gulf on it's way to becoming an ocean, will bring the revolution.

I think further discussion should best be taken to the Soapbox!

-Bob
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Why should they. The USA is the most under-taxed nation on earth (just ask our non-US members!)
    Because we don’t get anything for our money. One important thing you left out about other places paying higher taxes is that they get medical etc.. We get nothing of course unless you are a foreigner right off the boat then you get anything you need while the American citizens footing the bills keep getting screwed...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz

The disparity between rich and poor, that gulf on it's way to becoming an ocean, will bring the revolution.

I think further discussion should best be taken to the Soapbox!

-Bob
    \

Last time I visited the USA they had the best interstate roads on the planet Try driving interstate in Australia for a comparison.

Graham.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look, I'm genuinely sorry I started this here. It was stupid of me. I apologize to APUG. (Please, I'm sincere here) -Bob
    rlazell@optonline.net

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin