Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,883   Posts: 1,520,520   Online: 809

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    Because we donít get anything for our money. One important thing you left out about other places paying higher taxes is that they get medical etc.. We get nothing of course unless you are a foreigner right off the boat then you get anything you need while the American citizens footing the bills keep getting screwed...
    What we get is the most expensive military ever conceived. How many schools and hospitals could have been built with the $300 billion we are spending in Iraq? I read somewhere that for every car that GM makes, $6000 of the cost of the car is for medical for current and retired employees. The $300 billion in Iraq would go a long way to providing medical coverage for the 45 million americans who don't have any, most of whom work full time and play by the rules, or are children.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Sean,

The state of Washington already collects internet sale tax. They went to court and got the records from all the companies that sell cigarettes on the net and back charged everyone who had bought cigs for the state tax not paid. Go to 'my ebay' and see if they have the entire record of everything you ever bought there.

This was not meant to start the soup box, just observations of what is already happening. The interent sales tax is coming and soon. The local towns are losing too much revenue from lost sales and closed businesses.

This SHOULD only apply to the U.S.A. and it appears they are going to collect from the buyers at the point of destination, your local state. Too bad no one has ever seen a politician say no to free tax money, have they? It is safe to assume they will all jump on this faster than you can remember their names.

LAZ; I decided to leave New York when I noticed 'they' were taking more out of my paycheck than I was.

Have a good morning people.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    \

Last time I visited the USA they had the best interstate roads on the planet Try driving interstate in Australia for a comparison.

Graham.
    I have, many times; I'll take the M31 over most of the interstate roads in the US. While our roads may be larger and broader in scope, the actual road conditions are not very good - potholes, uneven surfaces.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I have, many times; I'll take the M31 over most of the interstate roads in the US. While our roads may be larger and broader in scope, the actual road conditions are not very good - potholes, uneven surfaces.
    Isnt that the truth. And have you ever been to the high country? Driving along sheer cliffs and drops without a single guard rail. Totally nuts! If a tire ever blew out along these roads you are dead.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    No-one drinks Fosters Lager. What a terrible taste.

VB is a nice drop.

Graham
    I was told you would be better off calling an Aussie english than accuse him of drinking fosters. VB is the one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin