Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,810   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    The more I thought about this the more I wondered. Is it not explicit that NO DIGITAL is what apug is about? There are many ways to do postcards. For apug digital is not one of them.
    aah well. the images are analouge. Handmade. liquid emulsion. Hand coloured.<br>but then again, ALL images in here are digital (?)

what I did in PS was to crop - add a frame and some txt. and I hand moved the mouse when doing that...

the post cards has been printed. as in printed. not ink-jet, but as if they were in a book. (don't know the english word)

does that mean, that images, published in a book is a no no?..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    You could join the postcard exchange - by the rules for that, anything goes...

yeah, but I don't think he'd want we send in return...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    [...]But I have made some attempts to make some postcards - for me and for my school. Obviusly I had to use PS to do this, so I am in doubt.
    [...]

Gandolfi,

If you're interested in understanding why photoshop is unnecessary for postcards, skim through the postcard exchange threads in this forum.

If, conversely, you feel too constrained by an analog discussion forum and prefer to use photoshop, perhaps APUG isn't your cup of tea.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    aah well. the images are analouge. Handmade. liquid emulsion. Hand coloured.<br>but then again, ALL images in here are digital (?)

what I did in PS was to crop - add a frame and some txt. and I hand moved the mouse when doing that...

the post cards has been printed. as in printed. not ink-jet, but as if they were in a book. (don't know the english word)

does that mean, that images, published in a book is a no no?..
    What a wonderful dilema Are you scanning the offset print and posting the scan or just uploading the file you sent to the printer? I guess if it was deemed "forbidden" you could just host the image on your web site and post a link. Either way I'd love to see it so just PM me with it.

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet

If, conversely, you feel too constrained by an analog discussion forum and prefer to use photoshop, perhaps APUG isn't your cup of tea.

-KwM-
    this is the sentence that makes me think, you havn't understood anything I do..

that's ok, though.

by the way:your link goes ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    argh.. no.
    if you're thinking of those plastic pre"stamped" papers to make postcards, then I'll pass...

and if you want to use a handcoloured image with liquid emulsion as the post card... then I don't think I'll make too many..

"Unique postcards" - that's an idea..
    Sorry the intended humor of my response wasn't more obvious.

One of your subsequent posts makes your process more clear. I'd suggest just posting one and taking any resulting "flack", as they may fall outside the strict APUG rules, but still interesting.

Speaking of "unique" - my grandmother participated in an early form of postcard exchange back in the 1920s. The card stock was leather, and the idea was that each participant hand-painted (or, hand-inked) a one-of original for mailing. A bit tedious, I suspect, but they had lots of time on their hands back then.

[COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Gandolfi,
    If, conversely, you feel too constrained by an analog discussion forum and prefer to use photoshop, perhaps APUG isn't your cup of tea.-KwM-
    Whoa! Talk about uncalled for. Hope you're just having a bad day and not so nasty, or closed minded, all the time.

Rock on Gandolfi!

-Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin