Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,856   Online: 943

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mat Board

Images
    Good Afternoon, Jorge,

I buy most of my mat board from the area Dick Blick store. Shipping can kill you on something that heavy, so buying locally, if possible, generally seems preferable.

Re Light Impressions: No problem with the quality of what they sell, but I've found them to be EXTREMELY slow in shipping.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,

I use Light Impressions often and have a wholesale arrangement with them. I get a substantial discount off the listed price in the catalogue... some items more than others, but is substantial on all their board. I often order in bulk and it is a very inexpensive way to go. I have long thought of extending the offer to those on this board if they wish to buy-in to an order. You will, of course, have to pay shipping from me to you, but it can still be a substantial savings. If anyone is interested, let me know as I will be making another order in the next few weeks. PM me if interested and I can get back to you with more information.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have any of you try to work a deal with a local frame shop. I know we have on occasion worked deals with local artist on supplies. Just a thought, I know some frame shops can be real pains but there are a few good ones out there.
    Last edited by Shadow Images; 11-18-2005 at 04:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    Jorge,

I don't know what shipping would run to south of the border, but I've used Documounts (www.documounts.com) for over 15 years at this point for precut mats. They are in Oregon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    not sure what the shipping would be ..
    but i always bought from hamil studios in boston.
    they were the cheepest ...

http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgidi...age1.y=0&SD=10

Shooter
    Large Format

buy locally; save shipping

I bought from Superior, and while I like their service and products, the shipping made it prohibitive.
    By researching local resources, I found a framing supply house who could supply me with the same board at competitive prices, and I could pick up the quantities I need.
    I contacted a printing house that has done my business cards in the past, and they agreed to cut the 30X42 board to the sizes I want, as a courtesy.
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Light Impressions will no longer give wholesale prices to commercial accounts regardless of how much you order, only out and out resellers of their product get the discount. In addition they will be wittling down their catalog from about 9000 products to about 5000 so many items will no longer be available. They have also eliminated their account managers and now even commercial accounts will have to deal with a different call center person every time. I for one will start looking for new a new vendor. This also sounds like an oppurtunity for the smaller archival suppliers to gain market share.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just called Kaali in Canoga park (LA area, SO Cal-off Aggie's list) and they will do a ten case purchase, 25 sheets of 32x40 per case, Bainbridge Artcare® Alphamat 4 ply for $6.26 per sheet.

That seems pretty good. One case only would be $7.00 per sheet.
    He said delivery is possible (not sure if free or not) for the ten case order (I'm an hour away) but would have to pay s&h for one case orders.

At $11.00 per sheet at Aaron Brothers where I usually go, that's 40% off.
    So for me, I may do this.

If anyone is interest in a ten case order, please pm me...I know it only saves about $19 per case...but every little bit helps...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out Archival Methods, they carry many of the same products as Light Impressions (exactly the same westminster board) and if I understand correctly were either the progenitor of LI or a split off of LI. Their prices seem cheaper than LI and shipping is free on orders larger than $150.

http://www.archivalmethods.com

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy mine locally; either from a friendly frame shop (about $7.00 per sheet of Crescent 4-ply,) or Hobby Lobby (same stuff, $5.99 per sheet, 30x40). Hobby Lobby had a 50% off sale last weekend and I bought 18 sheets for about $3 per sheet. Why is it so much cheaper here (Indiana) than the prices you folks are quoting?

mjs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin