Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,999   Online: 790

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mat Board

Shooter
    Large Format

Mat Board

The title says it all, where are you getting your mat board? WHo is the cheapest? I want 8, 4, and 2 ply white in 16x20 and 20x24 sizes.

Forget Light Impressions, too expensive and not very good service.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    How about not ready cut but 32x40" sheets? Anyone know where they get their from? I prefer to cut my own as I have odd sizes for standard matts.

Thanks,

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    The title says it all, where are you getting your mat board? WHo is the cheapest? I want 8, 4, and 2 ply white in 16x20 and 20x24 sizes.

Forget Light Impressions, too expensive and not very good service.

Jorge:

Couldn't you have posted this a day or two ago? I just put in an order to LI for some 8 ply but I have never ordered from them before. I would have went with Superiour Archival but I didn't need a 25 pack of them
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    How about not ready cut but 32x40" sheets? Anyone know where they get their from? I prefer to cut my own as I have odd sizes for standard matts.

Thanks,

Kev
    Shipping to Mexico on this size is outrageous, I have the cutter to do it, but prefer pre cut.

Silver,

WHo is superior archival? do they have a web site. I am planning on getting at least 75 boards, so I would not mind the 25 pack.

Images

Thanks,

Kev
    I have been ordering mine from Dick Blick, http://www.dickblick.com .
    They ship the 30x40 without any added oversize charges.

I have a local Pearl Paint but they are a bit more expensive and have a worse selection. They are often out of anything even close to White
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jorge,

I usually buy my matt board from your old Houston employer, Camera Co/Op. They have added Westminister board that I like. I dont know about the 2 and 8 ply as I dont use that. 713-522-7837 no email addy that I know of

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Shipping to Mexico on this size is outrageous, I have the cutter to do it, but prefer pre cut.

Silver,

WHo is superior archival? do they have a web site. I am planning on getting at least 75 boards, so I would not mind the 25 pack.

Jorge:

http://www.superiorarchivalmats.com/sam/index.html

Ron
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks,

Kev
    [color=#0000cc]Larson Juhl[/color]
    5365 Industrial Way, Benicia, CA
    (707) 747-0555

They are wholesalers. to get the good price breaks on cases of mat board you need to be able to buy 200 sheets at a time or more. The last time I got some from them it was $187 for a case of 25 sheets of 32x40. They also carry Nielsen frames.

I would be willing to go in on a couple of cases. Maybe we could get a group order for the bay area people. I can scoot over that way and pick it up when I next go to SF.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought some for the first time from Superior Archival a few months ago. It's damn nice board and I'm very happy with it. I don't know if they're the cheapest though. They cut custom sized windows for me and did a great job. Alan Geiser is the guy who I talked to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin