Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,334   Posts: 1,537,515   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PS2 John P - can I borrow your dog? sweet story!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update:

I found a local frame shop that will sell me Tru Vue Conservation Clear 16" X 20" sheets at $9.32 each, a savings of over $5 from Light Impressions and no shipping charges.

So thank you all for suggesting I look around, I enjoy giving local folks my business, and saving money at the same time.

Krystyna

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Helen

We use EMPlastics in Toronto for conservation plexi. There number is 1-416-665-6111 , they may be able to help you out with product info and as well lead you to a supplier in your area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob.

We tried EM Plastics, and they had a very helpful attitude. Unfortunately none of their suppliers offered Optium Museum or any other anti-reflective acrylic. Like most of the other people I've spoken to, they weren't aware of the existence of anti-reflective acrylic and assumed that I meant 'non-glare'. I've tried the manufacturer on numerous occasions, but have never managed to get through to Tru-Vue's Distribution Manager, and she's never returned calls. I'm only trying to buy a thousand dollars worth, so maybe it's too trivial to bother with.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Krystyna, you can order a box of "Premium Clear" 16x20 Tru vue glass, 23 sheets (50 sq ft.), for about $60 through your local glass supply store.
    Jon Shiu
    Elk, CA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi helen,

i have friends who work in framing.
    one supplier they use is united manufacturers.

United Picture Framing Supply Co. - 101 N. 55th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034, Phone: 602-275-5070, Fax: 602-275-8916, Toll-free: 888-975-1155

if they won't sell to you. try Frame King Moulding in Florence, KY. they sell to smaller framers and artists. if it's too far to ship, they may be able to tell you where to go.

Frame King Moulding Inc. / WDA KY - 27 Spiral Drive, Florence, KY 41042, Phone: 859-647-4400, Fax: 859-647-4405 / 888-901-5464, Toll-free: 800-543-5464

good luck...
    i've seen tru vue museum glass, if the acrylic is close it's worth the search.

lisa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Lisa, I'll try Frame King on Monday.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the trail lead to a supplier in Manhattan, but the price is $112.50 per 16x20 sheet - almost two and a half times what I pay for Museum.

Thanks again,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helen,

How many 16 x20 sheets do you need, I can get another brand of clear plexi that is nonglare, abrasion resistan or nonglare UV for less than that price you posted.

I don't know if your familier with it, the brand is Cyro, and it is good looking stuff as well.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave,

Thanks very much for the offer. If I get the go-ahead tomorrow, I'd need 16 sheets initially. However, this is 'anti-reflective' coated that I'm looking for, not 'non-glare' textured. At the moment, I think that I'll do the first set with glass, then subsequent ones in acrylic if required.

Best,
    Helen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin