Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,388   Online: 826

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tru Vue/Other Glass Suppliers

Greetings!

Does anyone know of a glass supplier from which I can order pre-cut 16" X 20" sheets? I did a search and only came up with Light Impressions and their Tru Vue product. And other companies like American Frame, (which seems to have the best deal on frames!), sell only acrylite. Thanks for any help!

Cheers, Krystyna

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Krystyna,

I just go to my local glass store and have him cut regular window glass. As long as it is in a frame it appears clear.

Paul
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can supply pre-cut museum quality clear glass for your framing needs.

How much glass are you looking for?

Drop me a note on what type of glass you need and other details you feel you need to disclose and I will see what I can do.

Paul, certain types of glass, can reacte with the print, as well as certain flaws can detract from the print.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dave,

Any chance you are a distributor of Spectrum glass? It might be nice to have an APUG sponsor source for 1009S black cathedral glass cut to size for making ambrotypes.

Joe

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Krystyna,

If your needs are not above window glass quality I agree with Paul. I go to the window glass provider less than two miles from home. He supplied twenty two pieces of window glass 16x20x1/8th", @ $6.25 each, last year for a show and fourteen pieces this year, 22x28x1/8" @ $9.75 each. He said he could get non reflective glass if I were willing to pay the price.

I expressed fear at moving big sheets of glass around. He delivered to the house and carried the sheets into the room where I was framing. He is a bachelor who has built his business on service. There was no addition fee for freight. He has fallen in love with our lady Labrador Retriever and has suggested I work harder to get more shows so they can visit. Love is a many splendored thing. He even asked if he could come to my show even if the dog didnít attend. *

John Powers

* Results may vary in neighborhoods where dogs are not permitted or vendors suffer from allergies. My wife says that cookies can work miracles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a discount art supply store not far from my house ("Prizm"?) that sells 16x20 sheets for less than $4 each. It appears to be standard window glass, packed in cardboard and shrink-wrapped. I find it easy to move around, and always keep a few pieces at the house for last minute framing jobs. They also carry 8x10 and 11x14...I don't know the brand name but can find it if it's important to you. The glass I've bought (probably 30-40 pieces each year) has never had distortions that were noticeable.

I've not bothered looking for a supplier on line because I can't imagine that shipping glass would be less expensive than the short trip to the store for me. And if they're out, there's a Michael's nearby that carries the same brand of glass for about 10 cents more per sheet.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like everybody has ya covered, I only suggested that I could get it because I am a glass manufacture, but it sounds like there is more than enough with good ideas that you won't need me to supply it, unless of course it is ground LOL

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While we are on the subject, I'm trying to find a supplier for Tru-Vue Optium Museum (acrylic). I can get Tru-Vue Museum (glass) from Rosen Paramount here in New York, but so far the acrylic version has eluded me. Great stuff.

Thanks,
    Helen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Prizm has four branches and is quite good for many art supplies.
    My wife buys much of her water color "stuff" there.

John Powers

Cleveland:
    5688 Mayfield Road
    Lyndhurst, OH 44124
    440-605-9434
    440-605-0324 Fax
    Email: store80@prizmart.com

Pittsburgh:
    4768 Mcknight Road
    Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-630-4370
    412-630-4377 Fax
    Email: store82@prizmart.com

Columbus:
    1270 E.Powell Road
    Lewis Center, OH 43035
    614-841-4540
    614-841-4086 Fax
    Email: store81@prizmart.com

Indianapolis:
    NOW OPEN
    8607 Allisonville Road
    Indianapolis, IN 46250
    317-598-1379
    317-598-1446 fax
    Email: store83@prizmart.com

Hours of Operation
    Monday - Friday 10am to 8pm
    Saturday 10am to 6pm
    Sunday 12am to 5pm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Greetings, and thanks for all the suggestions, I didn't even think about how much the shipping would cost, so I'll definitely look for a local glass supplier, I am starting to go public with my photography, and it will be good for me to have a dozen frames ready to go, it's amazing how many little local shows there are, I bought four ready-made frames last fall and thought that would be enough! again... thanks, APUG is awesome!

Blessings, Krystyna

PS Hi PaulH! Hope to see you at the next NEAPUG gathering on March 25! I still have the postcard you gave us from your 2001 show, and I enjoy looking at it and remembering the photos you shared at our last gathering!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin