Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,659   Online: 1105

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bethe,
    Using the 2, two-ply board scheme, I heat the press between 225-250 degrees and 'press' the prints for two minutes. After that they go under a weight(books, or whatever) until they cool. Mounting tissue should have the instructions you need.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Brown's instrucions on the functioning of the lights for this generation of seal press' is accurate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bethe,

On the press you have I set the temp at 225 to flatten the prints. I gave them about 1 minute each.

Dry mount tissue comes with temp recomendations. If you use ColorMount I think it is around 180, which is about all the RC papers can take. I have some Archival Mount for Fiber and it takes 225.

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all! I did leave the temp where it was (about 225) - I was just unsure about how long was safe. Now I know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin