Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,677   Online: 960

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole

Not sure if right forum - client looking for COLOR woody/runabout boat photos

Moderators, please advise if not an appropriate request, or if better forum would be more appropriate. Thanks. Murray

I know, I should subscribe so I can look at the galleries, & use the classifieds...

My wife & I have a client designer doing a waterfront restaurant interior. Her client wants color photos of 'Woody', 'Mahogany Runabout', etc type small (not Matchbox size!) wooden boats, with a 'fun' theme. They need not necessarily be Chris-Craft, from Holland MI (where we are located). In fact, boat afficionados would probably appreciate classic boats from ELSEwhere.

If it's OK, I thought I'd ask if any of you have such work in your portfolios, & have available sizes and prices figured out.

You can PM or email me & advise if you have a way of showing me images on the web, or however you have it worked out.

Thanks

Murray (at Uptown Gallery & Frame Shop, LLC)
    Holland MI
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    Moderators, please advise if not an appropriate request, or if better forum would be more appropriate. Thanks. Murray

SNIP

I know, I should subscribe so I can look at the galleries, & use the classifieds...

Thanks

Murray (at Uptown Gallery & Frame Shop, LLC)
    Holland MI
    ....BUT???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Murray, I have a good friend in NJ, that has some fantastic stuff of runabouts, I will drop him a note, to see if he still has his stuff

Dave

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Go to http://www.woodenboat.com/ and look around. Pick up a monthly copy on the news stand and contact the artists you like. Search the on line index. If this is low budget project buy the Wooden Boat calendar and frame the images. Wooden Boat magazine goes back to 1974. The old issues are stacked around here at home. The photography has been great from the start. Now you can buy the issues all on CD, but it is not quite the same. If this isn't a sympathetic audience to that comment I don't know where I will find one.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Murray,

Just heard back from the guy I know, he is going to set up a gallery, should be set up tommorow, I will post a message with the link when he emails me, you really need to see these pictures, they are good, and from your description, could be what your looking for.

Dave

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks all.

Hard to say. It's not a low budget project overall, but then I saw a 6500 sf house with family crest carpet (I think same company that makes White House Carpet). The artwork that wasn't loaned to them for the Parade of Homes already framed was in plastic clip frames with scratched plastic glazing (not even glass). Go figure.

The designer doesn't pinch any pennies on art, the client I don't know.

I knew right where to go for quality artists, though. Dis is da place.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    I knew right where to go for quality artists, though. Dis is da place.
    And if your client wants any color photos of Hawaii - you know where to go. But, I ain't cheap.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another option would be to contact Robert Bruce Duncan, a commercial photographer in Santa Barbara. He has published a couple of books on wooden boats that are considered classics, I believe.

http://www.robertbruceduncan.com/
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Try google Tim Duvernet. Muskoka Boats , he has a very large collection of photographs taken over his life of these beautiful boats. If you cannot find him pm me he is a client I print for and I can try to reach him. He made a book of these boat photographs.

My Uncle had one of these wood boats at our cottage on Pine Lake, Muskoka region, absolutely beautiful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about a nice little traditional English jolly boat?

http://www.beken.co.uk/b_results.php?boat_letter=S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin