Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,135   Posts: 1,637,313   Online: 1040

Superior Archival Materials?

I tried to contact Superior Archival Materials for mat board and custom over mats and they are shut down due to a family health crisis. For how long, I do not know. While I hope and pray that everything turns out for the better, who do others use for custom mat cutting that does a great job at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I either cut it myself or I take the mat to Hobby Lobby. 4 ply and under will be cut by machine...8 ply is done by hand. I think its about one or two bucks per opening.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    It would probably save you alot of time and money to buy a mat cutter and cut them yourself. You can get a good quality Logan mat cutter for about 100 bucks.

If your dead set on having your mats cut for you, Light Impressions offers pre-cut and custom cut mats for a decent price.

However, learning to cut mats properly is a skill that all working fine art photographers must learn, so I suggest buying a mat cutter over the later.

Kind regards,

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did talk to Allen. He said he will try to meet me whenever he has time. I may be able to talk to him if you need something specific. I happen to live in Philadelphia.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Thanks Tsuyoshi.

I simply want to patronize a company (custom over mats and mat) that up to this point has an excellent reputation for quality work and reasonable prices.

Cheers!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin