Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,657   Posts: 1,481,416   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Website up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very nice indeed. Two small things - in the bio, there is a typo ("busines" should be "business"); and when you go to the print details and pricing page, you get a choice to go back to the "galleries" but in the main navigation page the "galleries" are called "portfolios".

Shooter
    35mm
    What lovely work Donald. I hope it brings you much success.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the type colour and background are too similar. (The headings blend in a bit too much). Maybe the heading the colour of the text and the text a shade or three lighter.

Technical Info page is written in 3rd person context but undersigned... a mismatch IMO. In fact I generally don't like 3rd person bio's as I know the person wrote it themselves and to me it seems pretentious.

Pages load nicely (speed). I thought the images looked good on my screen. Didn't notice the soft thumbnails.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice site Donald. Lovely photographs. Easy to navigate, clearly laid out and easy on the eye. I particularly liked the clear and concise Technical Information.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On navigation: I'd prefer that having chosen a photograph, I get a way to page through the photos in that gallery in sequence, like turning pages in a book. Having to jump back to each gallery's main page in order to get to the next photo is like having to close a book before you can get to the next page. It feels awkward and requires twice as many clicks.

I also agree with others' comments preferring a more neutral color scheme and a bit more contrast between text and background.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think that navigation within the galleries could be easier with some "previous" and "next" buttons. Having to go back via the back button to select the next image is something I dislike doing (but that's just me). Also, on your Tech Info page, (and these are my opinions/observations) I have the following comments:

" The materials used in the creation of these unique images are no longer produced in the United States and are imported from several manufacturers in Europe."

Why not just say that the materials are imported from several manufacturers in Europe? Is it important to say that the materials are no longer produced in the US?

"Thus the viewer can be assured that each of these photographs are unique hand crafted creations utilizing materials first utilized in a bygone era."

How about, "Thus the viewer can be assured that each of these photographs are unique hand crafted creations made using materials that were first utilized in a bygone era."
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    looks really nice donald.
    short and sweet and to the point.

nice photographs too

- john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Donald, well done. I don't have a problem with the background and text, looks fine to me as it is. Hope sales are brisk, but not too brisk. Best, tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice site. Easy to navigate and your work speaks for itself. Well done.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Donald,

First of all, nice Images!!

I didn't have much time to view the entire site. I do like the simplicity of the layout.

To keep this short, I did see something that bothered me at the start. On your technical page; the first sentence and paragraph mentions digital and scanning. As a photographer, I understand the first paragraph completely, but as a potential client or gallery owner that is quickly viewing your site, might take it differently.

It is just my opinion, but I would place the first disclaimer type paragraph below the rest of the information. I would rather read about the technical information regarding your art, and not about the website. -- at first glance anyway.

Just my opinion...

Happy shooting!!!

Shane Knight
    www.shaneknight.com
    ps...I shouldn't be saying anything...my website is not even finished.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin