Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,882   Online: 1149

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SNIP!
    [QUOTE=Maris I will prepare materials, go to the darkroom, and make one the absolute best that I can. The ingredients will be different to previous work. I will be different too. I guarantee new work will not match old work.[/QUOTE]

what he said ..

we all change (from day to day), our photographs do too.

-john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple of thoughts...

You could make a true limited edition of a photograph if you were willing to print all of the copies at once and then cut up the negative and attach a piece of it to the back of each print. Other than that, editions seem a very slippery concept. I'm sure we've all heard the stories of editions that were limited, but when the image became popular the artist started cranking out copies in a different size, claiming it as a new edition. If the negative still exists, the edition is open. I doubt many of us want to cut up our negatives, even if we aren't planning to print them again.

As to scrapping the darkroom and making inkjet prints...this makes no sense to me from the standpoint of editions. Either you make all of your prints at once in either medium and then stop, or you make some now and hope that you'll be able to get the same materials again when you want to print more later (if "identical" is your goal). The world turns, stuff changes, and we adapt.

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin