Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,594   Online: 913

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat Prints

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvistgaard
    Hi Jose,

Try taping your wet prints (face up) to a clean glass surface with water colour tape, which you can get inexpensively at an artists' supply shop. This kind of tape sticks only when wet, and if you tape your print along all four sides, it - the print - will pull itself nice and flat when drying.

One caveat, though: for some reason the print now & then sticks to the glass surface. You can avoid this by sticking a sheet of ordinary typewriter paper between the print and the glass.

Good luck!

/S°ren
    I never had my prints sticking on the glass this way, but I always took care to clean the glass from the glue left on it by older tape stuck on it. This technique gives the best results, easier and cheaper than other ones.

You can use drying screens, but the prints will have to be flattened after drying on them, putting them under weight usually works OK. I use this way of flettening, because I am bored of cleaning the glass from the remains of the tape left after I remove the dried prints... when they're mounted in frames, you don't really see the difference.

A dry mount will do the job, provided the print has been dried on a screen. As Claire has mentioned, wetting the back of the print a little helps it get flatter.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's always good to make friends at a frame shop if you think they can do you such a small favor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin