Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,325   Online: 1038

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    NaturePhoto1/Richard- I require a West Coast source.
    Hortense,

No problem, I just read your posting and was just reporting how I was dealing with this major change in Light Impressions as my supplier.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    NaturePhoto1/Richard- I require a West Coast source.
    How about Redimat. They are out of Santa Rosa, CA
    http://www.redimat.com/

Images
    Another comprehensive vendor is HK in South San Francisco. They are stricly a wholesaler. http://home.att.net/~hkcompany/

Quote Originally Posted by pharquarx
    For me, this will probably be the last digital project that I do on Ilford fine art paper, the search is on for a replacement, it will probably be Lysonic which I can pretty much get on demand via inkjetart in Utah.

ctr
    (digital aside...) do you mean Ilford Fine Art paper? or were you just using the term "fine art" generically for a number of their papers? Because for the longest time Ilford Galerie Fine Art was actually Hahnemuhle paper (William Turner I think?). Not sure if it still is

now, back to normal programming...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have begun ordering most of my frames, mats, and plexi from Metropolitan in the Twin Cities. Their quality is great, turn-around reasonable, prices competitive, shipping costs in line, and service superior. They were recommended by an APUGer on a thread a year or two ago when I gave up on LI.

http://www.metroframes.com/index.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    From what I've been told LI will no longer ship full sheets of mat board UPS. It now must be shipped by freight. This prices me right out of their product. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. A good alternative may be Conservation Resources. They also carry Alpharag board with reasonable shipping prices. I will probably give them a try on my next order.

Custom Cut Mat Board

Quote Originally Posted by timothyhyde
    I have begun ordering most of my frames, mats, and plexi from Metropolitan in the Twin Cities. Their quality is great, turn-around reasonable, prices competitive, shipping costs in line, and service superior. They were recommended by an APUGer on a thread a year or two ago when I gave up on LI.

http://www.metroframes.com/index.html
    After a long process of comparing prices for custom cut mat boards, I came across what I believe is THE best price for over mat and custom cut mat board. Let me give you an example of the pricing for you to compare;

13x15" mount board with a 13x15" Over mat custom cut to 8 3/8" to 10 1/4" (for 8x10 contact prints) with both mount board and over mat Bainbridge 100% cotton rag PH balanced 4 ply priced out at $3.26/set (mat and over mat) when you purchase 100 sets. You could do 50 horizontal and 50 verticle when 100 total are ordered. Shipping to Colorado was $43 - not bad. If anyone can fine a cheaper price for this good a mat board in 4 ply, please let me know. These are cut with a computer and my first order was incredible. Packaging and customer service as well as the turn around was incredible. I am going to order a bunch more I was so pleased.

Contact John Schofield at Schofield and Vose Framing in Hamden, CT. at (203) 230 2019. Just a hard working great guy trying to develop a client base and succeed. After pricing Superior and a host of other service providers, this was the best combination of a top product and a great price.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll second the recommendation for American Frame. Although I usually buy only frames, and cut my own mats, a few months ago they had a promotion offering free mats with frames. The web ordering system allowed me to specify "no opening" , but the company called me before shipping the order to make sure that I hadn't just forgotten to specify the openings.

What I'd like to find is a source (Northern California) where I can buy full boxes of Crescent #2960 board, undamaged, without paying $10/sheet retail!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym
    I'm not a dealer, but have done all my framing and my wife's (she's a pastel artist) for years, and I've always used Light Impressions. But I've noticed a severe slide downhill ever since they moved from Rochester to California, and I have told them that. Freight on my orders now runs around 25-30% of the cost of the merchandise, about double what it was from NY. And on a recent order of some large frames, the freight was in the 50% range!

However... I have not yet found anyone who has their combination of quality merchandise and reasonably priced frames. But I may try some of the sources mentioned here.

--Eddy
    I used to live down the street from Light Impressions in Rochester, NY. Back then I could walk over and get what I needed. No shipping expense. Recently, I went to their site to order resealable plastic sleeves. I compared exactly the same sleeves at freestyle. There was less than a 1$ difference. However the shipping costs for light impressions was about 5 times as high as the shipping costs charged by freestyle. I now buy at freestyle.
    Don Sigl
    www.drs-fineartphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill Edwards, the original founder/owner of Light Impressions, now runs Lumiere in Rochester.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin