Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,369   Online: 1191

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin:

While I agree that some might be mislead by this sort of publication, it seems to me that a listing would only be relevant to you if it specifically referred to one of your prints.

IMHO very few people approach the buying of original photographs in the same way they might approach the buying of, for example, antique silver spoons. People who are willing to buy original photographs that are not part of a high volume series are unlikely to correlate the listings in a publication like this with your work.

Now if you were into the market that services those who look for something like postcards, or mass produced reproductions, where volumes are high and individuality is not as important, a listing like this might have some relevance.

If someone cannot differentiate between what might be listed in this publication, and what you sell, they probably would be unable to appreciate your work, and unwilling to pay your price anyways.

As I see it, this sort of publication is likely to be most useful to sellers unfamiliar with the market, and only in reference to those types of items which have a vibrant market, for very similar or identical items.

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Perhaps the real issue is that ebay print sales are slow and undervalued as is for quality work. Iím no expert on ebay sales but I donít see a lot of prints selling on there. If I put an image in my regular gallery (non ebay) and sell it almost every time for x price and I put the same image on ebay and list it for x/2 and get no bidders and not even any watchers over the course of 10 days its clear to me that there just arenít any buyers on ebay. Obviously there must be some buyers but the number of buyers is very very small compared to the number of prints being listed. Ebay in general is bargain central and I just donít see it as a good place to sell fine work, although apparently some people have made a go at it.

OTOH I donít think this publication should effect your sales whatsoever. Buyers of fine prints know what they are buying and what goes into the print and image making process. You shouldnít be worried about what someone else is saying prints are worth as they clearly are not referring to your hand made FB prints and they donít understand what one is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin