Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,691   Online: 952

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haven't seen your name around here much lately, Peter. How's things in TC?
    The companies that rent tents to film productions anywhere i've worked use only EzUP's. They're the best. They've got different models which are heavier than others and you can get sidewalls to attach as well. Sandbags or stakes are a must. I've seen the desert claim a few in 50 mile/hour winds.
    vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    'To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I respond, 'There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.'

Ansel Adams

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill
    Haven't seen your name around here much lately, Peter. How's things in TC?
    The companies that rent tents to film productions anywhere i've worked use only EzUP's. They're the best. They've got different models which are heavier than others and you can get sidewalls to attach as well. Sandbags or stakes are a must. I've seen the desert claim a few in 50 mile/hour winds.
    vinny
    Things are very good, thanks. I have not been lurking around much. Been busy shootin, printin and sellin. No complaints so far.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Large Format
    There are a couple of different EZ Ups. They have a cheaper version and a more expensive version that accepts sidewalls and you can completely close it up so when you leave your stuff is (relatively) secure (and protected from sideways rain).

No matter what you buy make a positive decision on the color of the roof. Some artfairs require white roofs; white is cooler and doesn't shift the color of your work.

In spite of what it looks like, it is possible to erect an EZ Up by yourself (but it's not the easiest thing in the world). I don't know if that's true of some of the others.

Weighing it down is important. I've seen water jugs, sandbags, and concrete filled plastic pipe.

John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I saw an Ez-Up at an art show today that was already broken, and I believe on its first day. Another friend who is probably more careful in setting hers up has no problems. They don't tolerate abuse. When exhibiting with open frames on grass, I use a trailor anchor screwed into the ground. It hasn't failed in 22 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Peter,

I have been participating in Art Shows for the past 10 years. I would really recommend staying away from the EZup canopies. I personally use a Show Off (one of the best) by New Venture Products (listed by Mike above as newvp.com). Other really good canopies that Mike lists include the Flourish Products and the Lightdome. But, they will cost you much more than the EZup. The EZups have a bad name when it comes to bad weather unless you get their expensive canopies. They may be EZ to set up but they have problems in winds and in moderate to heavy rains. Every so often at a show we will see an EZup in particular that has the roof completely crushed by the weight of the water from rain and has damaged the canopy contents or an EZup that is sitting on top of a neighbor canopy because the EZup was not anchored adequately.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about one of these?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    How about one of these?
    Hi Andy,

A bit small to display much Artwork.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jarosz
    No matter what you buy make a positive decision on the color of the roof. Some artfairs require white roofs; white is cooler and doesn't shift the color of your work.
    John
    Artfairs requiring white roofs is a good point, and one i figured was so. However i hadn't thought about the color messing with the color of light. I think that is a very good point. thanks for the tip.

Pete

Frank Tibolt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Hi Peter,

I have been participating in Art Shows for the past 10 years. I would really recommend staying away from the EZup canopies. I personally use a Show Off (one of the best) by New Venture Products (listed by Mike above as newvp.com). Other really good canopies that Mike lists include the Flourish Products and the Lightdome. But, they will cost you much more than the EZup. The EZups have a bad name when it comes to bad weather unless you get their expensive canopies. They may be EZ to set up but they have problems in winds and in moderate to heavy rains. Every so often at a show we will see an EZup in particular that has the roof completely crushed by the weight of the water from rain and has damaged the canopy contents or an EZup that is sitting on top of a neighbor canopy because the EZup was not anchored adequately.

Rich
    thank you for the advice Rich. i'll look at your recommendations. I'm afraid i have come to accept that you get what you pay for, and that good equipment cost good money.

Pete

Frank Tibolt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin