Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,183   Online: 662

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

slideshow, but different

I feel a nice Do It Yourself assignment coming up...

I stumbled upon this: Slide light, and I think it's a pretty neat idea. But... 35mm only, by the looks of it. So, I'm thinking... This shouldn't be too difficult to make yourself, and make it for MF (in my case) or even LF (if you want to). They even tell you what light to use. Other than that, I'd guess it's just a few planks and some frosted glass. Perhaps some metal rails for sliding in the slides. Or do I make it sound easier than it is?

Any thoughts on this? Would it ruin my slides sooner than when keeping them in the dark? But then again, I made them to look at, not to put away... And you can change the slides every week or month or whatever...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would say that it would definitely shorten the life of the slides. If you wanted to use it for dupes that might be another question. Also, there would probably be question about keeping dust off of the slides as well. We all know how dust can get everywhere.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    (...) Also, there would probably be question about keeping dust off of the slides as well. We all know how dust can get everywhere.
    That's ever so true...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin