Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,118   Online: 879

Thread: Exhibition???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Exhibition???

Hi everyone,

I think it would be nice to have my work hanging in public places. But now i'm facing some questions. hope you are willing to help me. Can I expect some sales from my work? (of course the work has to be liked but do people buy from exibitions?) It is about 5 or 6 pieces of work. shall i choose my best work ever? this is BW and colour and very diffirent topics (example: cityscapes, mountaineering, landscape locally shot.) or shall I take one nice topic from the region where the exhibition will be held, that is my town. I can't decide.

Hope you with more experience on this can help me.

Greets,

Reinder

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've sold a few photos that were displayed in public places, but am much more successful at an arts & crafts fair. A few buyers prefer scenery of places they may never visit. More prefer subjects of local interest. After many years I still can't predict what will sell best. Perhaps the people where you will display your photos can advise you on the best subjects.

I wish you good luck on your exhibits.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would recommend that your exhibit, whatever the size, be of one consistent theme - that could be black and white photos, it could be one specific location, it could be a single topic, like cars or trees. In perfect circumstances, I would also make sure that they are all one medium, ie all black-and-white silver-gelatin prints. The more consistent your body of work being presented, the better your chances of someone liking it well enough to buy something. If you are all hodge-podge all over the spectrum, people are less likely to notice your better images, and less likely to take your work seriously. This becomes even more true when you have fewer images to show. If you are only going to exhibit five or six at a time, you should very carefully edit the images to display so that they are similar in size, medium, and content.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin